This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: -display option
- To: Pavel Kudrna <kudrna at plasma dot troja dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Subject: Re: -display option
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at sigma6 dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:49:42 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: AppNet
- References: <200004102024.QAA22676@sigma6.com>
Pavel Kudrna wrote:
> the -display option does not work with tk based applications e.g.
> cygwish80.exe (cygwin B20).
> Is there any possibility to bring -display option to work?
Nope. The -display argument is a feature of Xlib, not Tk, so it isn't
available in win32 ports of Tk.
> It seems that cygwin's tk is compiled from tk8.0.x/win (not unix)
> source and that why it interacts directly with Win32. Am I right?
If you want -display to work on Windows you still have the option of
building the Xlib version of Tk in Cygwin, then running on a remote X
server. But I suspect that's not what you were after.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org