This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin CD licensing?
- To: graham at ka dot com
- Subject: Re: Cygwin CD licensing?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:03:50 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> But the more important question, usually answered by a license, is
> what can our customer do with a single copy of the CD? Can you
> install it on exactly one machine? Do you need one copy per user?
> Can you install it on multiple machines from a single CD?
I believe the CD is site-licensed, so each customer can install it on
as many of *their* machines as they want. The installer is not free,
but the software it installs is, so once it's installed there isn't
any proprietary software on the PC anyway, so what's stopping them
from installing it elsewhere also?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com