Re: Basic Questions

Yea now it seams I found a way to nearly accomplish what I need.

I did set my mounts now in a very basic manner, like mounts are thought
to be set :-)

And for the rest I use links.

this are my mounts
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
G:               /G                  native      text!=binary
D:               /D                  native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

And here my links
lrw-r--r--   1 544      everyone       24 Apr 17 19:58 java ->
/G/jdev/Java/
lrw-r--r--   1 544      everyone       46 Apr 17 20:01 jdbc ->
/G/jdev/Java/it/prodata/tools/jdbc/
lrw-r--r--   1 544      everyone       19 Apr 17 19:59 jdev -> /G/jdev/
-r--r--r--   1 544      everyone   156496 Mar  1 15:52 ntldr
lrw-r--r--   1 544      everyone       30 Apr 17 19:59 patch ->
/G/jdev/JPatch_122/
lrw-r--r--   1 544      everyone       35 Apr 17 19:59 pro ->
/G/jdev/Java/it/prodata/
drwxr-xr-x   2 544      everyone        0 Apr 17 22:19 tmp
drwxr-xr-x   3 544      everyone        0 Mar  7 15:31 users
lrw-r--r--   1 544      everyone       54 Apr 17 20:01 zeiterfassung ->
/G/jdev/Java/it/prodata/gest/zeiterfassung/

Now it seams to work nearly! My problem is is I am in a linked directory
say
patiii:/pro$
and I start my editor (a Win32 editor called CodeWride by Premia) using
a cmd-Batch (didn't try with a bash script, have less experience with
it) I am just able to give files as parameter in a reletive fashion:
patiii:/pro$e Test.java
patiii:/pro$e ../Hallo.java

But not absolute fashions:
patiii:~$e /pro/Hallo.java

I think this is because the Win app doesn't know anything about the
links and the bash doesn't make the translation, could I activate link
translation or something?

thanks larry for all ur help with the mounting problems!

Ohh someone knows where I can get ncurses, I couldn't find it nowhere
even not on the new util mirror www.franken.de. Would like the clear
command for bash!

cu Patrick