This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Backspace prob with vim under rxvt
- To: Kevin Wright <kwright at aspectdv dot com>
- Subject: Re: Backspace prob with vim under rxvt
- From: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:54:32 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <00ae01bfab11$4d804970$8f88f726@holstein.ASPECTDV.COM>
I don't see this behavior. What are your stty settings, CYGWIN
variable settings, .inputrc contents, and .vimrc contents?
Kevin Wright wrote:
> Whenever I use vim (any version, currently 5-5 precompiled from
> Charles Wilson's site) it works great with one small exception.
> If I run it from rxvt (any version I've tried, including precompiled),
> I can't get the backspace key to work. The workaround is to use ^H but
> that's not my favorite. This happened under cygwin b20.1 and now under
> cygwin v1.1. I've tried changing the terminal setting from rxvt to
> linux and still no luck.
> Note: I haven't seen this behavior on either linux or Solaris so I
> thought it might be cygwin-specific.
> If anyone knows of a fix, I'd be grateful.
> Kevin Wright
> Aspect Development
> Mountain View, CA
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com