This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Rsync patch
- To: Ville Herva <vherva at niksula dot hut dot fi>
- Subject: Re: Rsync patch
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna at vinschen dot de>
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:42:32 +0200
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20000424171020.M14235@niksula.cs.hut.fi>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Ville Herva wrote:
> Third, under CYGWIN, it makes little sense to force attribute check on the
> password file. It can be made to work if env var CYGWIN contains "ntea"
> (nt extended attribute mode -- CYGWIN emulates unix permissions through a
> hack), but frankly, it is a MAJOR pain in the ass to get working
> especially when trying to run rsync as a NT service. Besides, CYGWIN
> permissions won't give you any added security -- the security should be
> handled with NTFS ACL's. So I added a #ifndef __CYGWIN__'s around the
There's a CYGWIN setting named `ntsec' since the CD version 1.0.
It's using NTFS ACL's to implement POSIX security.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org