This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CYGWIN-1.1.0 trouble: 40 to 80 sec delay if no network connec tion
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: CYGWIN-1.1.0 trouble: 40 to 80 sec delay if no network connec tion
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:19:16 -0400
- References: <C9A8E1D07093D111B76A0000F8C9918A033F82B9@zrtpd003.us.nortel.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 01:14:28PM -0400, Christopher Jones wrote:
>> This would happen if `cd //e/zip' were executed. This would
>> cause the problem
>> of the delay.
>Try it yourself first. I just did and it does not cause a delay even though
>I've pulled my own ethernet out.
That's right. It should not cause a delay. //e is still a valid way to
refer to the e: drive although its use is deprecated.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org