Re: CYGWIN-1.1.0 trouble: 40 to 80 sec delay if no network connection

FWIW, I just installed 1.1.0 on my laptop (NT4,SP5) last night, and am
experiencing the same problem.

The delays that I experience don't seem to be as long what Ulrich reports,
though (more on the order of 10 to 15 seconds in my case.)

strace seems to indicate that the time is being spent in lookup_name
(invoked on my NT logon name.)

Another clue: if I've previously established contact with a domain
controller via dial-up networking, but am not currently connected, within
the call to lookup_name (according to strace) dial-up networking will pop up
a dialog asking me if I want to establish a dial-up connection.  The top of
this dialog states that the reason for wanting to establish a dial-up
connection is that the system could not contact the domain controller that I
was connected to earlier.

         --FritzM.