This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin setup.exe (1.30) updated -- fixes install to c:\ problem
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Cygwin setup.exe (1.30) updated -- fixes install to c:\ problem
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:22:52 -0400
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
I've updated setup.exe in cygwin/latest. This should fix two problems.
1) The proxy problem reported by Jonathan Larmour should be fixed. Thanks
go to Jonathan for patiently providing debugging output and advice on
how to set up my system to duplicate his so that I could track down
2) The pesky problem where people were unable to install when
specifying something like "c:\" as root should be eliminated.
This was caused by an apparently long-standing cygwin bug with
referencing files like "usr/info/something" when you're cd'ed
to c:\. This fix will also show up in tonight's snapshot.
Please send any problem reports to email@example.com .
Before you report an error, please make sure that you're running
Revision 1.30 of setup.exe. The Revision is displayed whenever you run
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org