This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: installing rpm
- To: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- Subject: Re: installing rpm
- From: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:17:44 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <003e01bfb032$64337310$0100000a@TIMYX18EWDT6RQ>
I don't think that error message has anything to do with the *contents*
of .rpmrc. It has to do with the path "~/.rpmrc". RPM can't figure out
where ~ is. Do you have a "HOME" environment variable defined?
AFAIK, ~/.rpmrc can contain anything that's valid in
/usr/local/lib/rpmrc and is used to override the system defaults.
Tim Prince wrote:
> I installed the binary rpm package from
> http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/rpm-3.0.3/index.html but it
> complains "cannot expand ~/.rpmrc" I don't see anything in the
> info page or installation writeup telling what belongs there.
> Maybe I have to boot back to linux again just to look for a
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org