Re: cygwin programs won't end!

I wish I could help, Richard. But it seems I have some problems with waiting
for Cygwin to start. About 2 seconds.
I use Cygwin from the MS-DOS prompt,
Here's what i do to alleviate them.

When i get an enviroment error:
c:\> path=""
c:\>autoexec
c:\>cd \cygnus\bin
c:<cygnus\bin> cygwin
BASH 2.03$

That will clear the eniroment of any unwanted paths.
If course, that could not be your problem.
Remember, Cygwin is an ongoing project. What we say has input in the best
non Microsoft product in the world (Besides Linux, that is a whole other
story.)