This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Anyone compiled ncftp 3.0.1 with paging capabilities?
- To: Richard Stanton <stanton at Haas dot Berkeley dot EDU>
- Subject: Re: Anyone compiled ncftp 3.0.1 with paging capabilities?
- From: Bob McGowan <rmcgowan at veritas dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:15:04 -0700
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: VERITAS Software
- References: <email@example.com>
Richard Stanton wrote:
> I suppose this is vaguely cygwin related...
> I've downloaded the latest (compiled) version of ncftp from www.ncftp.com,
> but it seems to be lacking the program's best feature, the ability to do
> paged directory listings. The commands pdir and pls, mentioned in the
> documentation, don't seem to be working (or even present) in the actual
> compiled program.
> Has anyone compiled ncftp 3.0.1 and got these features working?
> Alternatively, am I just missing something obvious?
I have 3.0.1 compiled and installed. Check the man page for ncftp for
the command 'set' and the variable 'pager'. There is a startup file
that ncftp uses where you can put new (or modify existing) settings.
The problem is the default pager is set to '/usr/local/bin/more' and
this must be changed.
Staff Software Quality Engineer
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org