This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How is textmode/binmode determined in Cygwin 1.1.0 net releas e fo r pipes?
- To: David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx dot com>
- Subject: RE: How is textmode/binmode determined in Cygwin 1.1.0 net releas e fo r pipes?
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 05:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: cygwin users <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- David Bolen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Appreciate the response - unfortunately, my issue was with the file
> descriptors from the pipe() system call, and not with the filesystem mount
> points (which as noted in my note I have already overridden the setup
> defaults and turned back to textmode). And the pipe handles were actually
> being treated in textmode, rather than binary mode that I wanted :-)
Can you provide a test case for this that proves what you say. Pipes are
supposed to be binary mode by default and can be overridden with nobinmode
option in the CYGWIN variable.
Could you try adding the binmode option to your CYGWIN variable to see if that
Earnie Boyd: <mailto:email@example.com>
__Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__Minimalist GNU for Windows__
Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org