This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot build xemacs-21.1.9 with Cygwin-1.1.0, temacs spins
- To: starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk
- Subject: Re: cannot build xemacs-21.1.9 with Cygwin-1.1.0, temacs spins
- From: "John A. Turner" <turner at blueskystudios dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:09:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, xemacs-beta at xemacs dot org, xemacs-nt at xemacs dot org
- References: <1442-Fri28Apr2000145257firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "DS" == David Starks-Browning <email@example.com>:
DS> Has anyone managed to build xemacs-21.1.9 with Cygwin-1.1.0 (new net
DS> I did a full setup of cygwin's "latest" (contents as of yesterday
DS> a.m.) on NT Workstation 4.0 (SP5).
DS> Used it to build & install ncurses-5.0 OOTB. (As Charles Wilson
DS> reports on <http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/ncurses-5.0/index.html>,
DS> there was an error message but the installation looks complete.)
DS> Then, building xemacs-21.1.9:
DS> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/xemacs-21.1.9
DS> proceeds happily until here:
DS> Loading loadhist.el...
DS> Loading loaddefs.el...
DS> Loading site-load.el...
DS> Bootstrapping from temacs...
DS> Purespace usage: 99772 of 1463000 (7% -- 1331k wasted).
DS> Compiling /home/starksb/src/xemacs-21.1.9/lisp/auto-autoloads.el...
DS> at which point temacs.exe runs indefinitely (well, at least 15 minutes
DS> on a PII-400 w/ 128MB) until killed. Task Manager reports that
DS> temacs.exe uses 8120K, and this does not grow.
I reported the same thing to xemacs-nt for 21.2b32 - see the thread here:
however, this msg:
appears to indicate that he did successfully build with cygwin 1.1
John A. Turner, Senior Research Associate
Blue Sky Studios, One South Rd, Harrison, NY 10528
http://www.blueskystudios.com/ (914) 825-8319
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org