Re: setup v1.39 -- improvements

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 09:40:38AM +0200, Adrian Phillips wrote:
>    Chris> I've put another, experimental version of setup.exe in
>    Chris> cygwin/latest.  This verision of setup records, in the
>    Chris> registry, the versions of the packages that it installs.
>    Chris> It uses this facility to avoid downloading or installing
>    Chris> tar.gz files which seem older than what is currently on the
>    Chris> system.
>
><snip>
>
>For your information :-
>
>OS: Windows 2000 server (English)
>Cygwin: setup-1.39
>
>- Using a full local mirror of latest directory updated Apr. 30. 2000
>  7.27 GMT (mirror is situated on a Samba server running under Linux)
>
>- running setup-1.39 on top of an existing 1.1 cygwin installation
>  (all runs with current directory as latest) :
>
>    P:\fromnet\software\cygwin\latest>setup-1.39

Thanks very much for trying this.

Could you send me the output of a Windows DIR command in the directory where
these files are located?  I have a feeling that this might be a upper/lower
case issue.

I'd also be interested in seeing the cygwin.bat and setup.log files.

Please send them to the cygwin mailing list.

Thanks again,
cgf