This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: inetd: works with gcc-compiled program, not msvc
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Warren Burstein" <warren at actcom dot co dot il>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:57:17 +1100
- Subject: Re: inetd: works with gcc-compiled program, not msvc
- References: <220.127.116.11.20020103135536.009a6ae0@stux06>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren Burstein" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> While some may find this to be a good way to encourage people to use
> rather than msvc, and I'd rather do just that, unfortunately I need to
> a service written by someone else in msvc.
It's not the compilers code, it's the libc you are linking against. If
you can convince MSVC to link against libcygwin.a (an import lib for
cygwin1.dll) and kernel32.lib, then you can use the Cygwin code.
> Any ideas?
Also, please note that you should be able to compile *most* code for
MSVC under gcc if you generate an appropriate makefile.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html