This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebase addon - Bas and Size listing of dll's without rebasing
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>,Cygwin <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:28:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: rebase addon - Bas and Size listing of dll's without rebasing
- References: <000c01c18e49$22279220$526307d5@BRAMSCHE> <20011227180503.GD2204@dothill.com> <045401c18f33$844d7f60$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 11:06:35AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jason Tishler" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > After the above is completed, then I would entertain adding such an
> > option if the community deemed it appropriate. But, wouldn't
> > implementing it via ReBaseImage()'s fReBase parameter as opposed to
> > plucking certain bytes out of the executable be a better approach? I
> > presume that this is how MS implements their '-s' (just sum image
> > option.
> IMO we should be using bfd not the MS helper libraries - in the long
> term. Otherwise one cannot do any of this as part of a cross compile or
> cross-manipulation toolkit.
I'm willing to do the right thing, but that is going to take longer given
the ramp up necessary for me learn about binutils' configury/make, bfd,
etc. However, I would like to get a rebase solution into setup.exe ASAP.
Is a two prong approach acceptable? In the short term, add rebase to
winsup/utils, integrate directly into setup.exe, etc. In the long term,
add rebase to binutils, integrate with ld, etc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html