This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: procmail (and SmartList) on cygwin
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Greg Matheson <lang at ms dot chinmin dot edu dot tw>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:11:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: procmail (and SmartList) on cygwin
- References: <017101c181a0$b47a29e0$738ffe0c@pwork> <20011210134958.A2088@dothill.com> <20011231153810.A16346629@IBM973237G>
On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 03:38:10PM +0800, Greg Matheson wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > Otherwise, you can try my attached build recipe. Note the following:
> > 2. Building procmail under Cygwin is a little touchy. Sometimes I
> > have to restart the make part to get the build to complete.
> > mv INSTALL INSTALL.txt
> > apply autoconf patch
> > make LN=cp # <CR> /usr/sbin/ssmtp
> > make BASENAME=/tmp/procmail/usr/local BINS='new/procmail.exe new/lockfile.exe new/formail.exe new/mailstat' install
> I had trouble with autoconf (not the GNU autoconf program),
> determining how many 16 byte arguments execv() takes, but
> sticking the autoconf.h at the above site in procmail-3.22, ...
Did you apply the patch from the above mentioned email? IIRC, then it
should have solved the problem with the execv() test.
> Why is it necessary to rename LN=ln to cp?
IIRC, to workaround missing ".exe" suffixes -- cp can handle them, ln
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html