This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling Berkeley db for Ruby under Cygwin
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Albert L. Wagner" <alwagner at uark dot edu>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, ruby-talk at ruby-lang dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:31:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Compiling Berkeley db for Ruby under Cygwin
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3C34978F.B943BF96@uark.edu>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am 2002-01-03 um 18:40 schriebst du:
> Even as a Linux user, I probably stay as confused about compiling
> under cygwin as some windows users. I cannot figure out just
> where the linker is looking to find cygwin-ruby16.
1. Use the correct linker flag `-L/path/to/librubys.a/' and look
if there is a lib named libcygwin-ruby16.a, isn't the name of
the import lib librubys.a or was it changed since 1.6.5 and 1.6.6?
2. use `my' ruby-1.6.5 package which is available at this URI:
http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/ruby/ and installs the lib and
headers and dll in `cygwin-usual' places (/usr/local/lib/ruby/...,
3. Build ruby yourself:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html