This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.exe tasks
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "L K Wright" <amdlkw at xmission dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:45:12 +1100
- Subject: Re: Setup.exe tasks
- References: <3C356ABE.8D39C293@xmission.com>
The source code for setup.exe is the golden reference.
----- Original Message -----
From: "L K Wright" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 7:41 PM
Subject: Setup.exe tasks
> Where can I find out exactly what tasks setup.exe performs? I gathered
> from the FAQ that it creates the mount tables in the registry,
> shortcuts, start menu folder, cygwin root and directories. What else
> I missing? For example, it must call some other scripts to create and
> mount the tmp dir. I also see a shell come up that looks as if it runs
> something to do with /etc/passwd.
> Thank you.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html