This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Tim Heath <th374862 at cosd dot fedex dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:03:10 -0700
- Subject: .deb distribution/configuration/maintenance
- Organization: Federal Express
- Reply-to: wgheath at fedex dot com
I have heard that dselect and apt-get have been ported to cygwin. I am
very interested in this package distribution and management system. Can
anyone please tell me how to setup a .deb package on cygwin that I might
deploy on a client machine that is running cygwin with dselect/apt-get?
I am super interested in this. Also, how will the three levels of
stability that debian uses be configured/supported ( potato, woody, sid
)? The debian package system is superior to any packaging system I have
seen commercial or free. I really want to use it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html