This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: rebase for setup (curl)
- From: "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape dot com>
- To: "'Jason Tishler'" <jason at tishler dot net>, "'Cygwin'" <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: "'Roth, Kevin P.'" <KPRoth at MarathonOil dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:02:01 -0500
- Subject: RE: rebase for setup (curl)
- Reply-to: <nhv at cape dot com>
Jason Tishler writes:
>So, the options passed to ld are the same for cygcurl-2.dll and pq.dll
>except for the slight variation of --base-file versus --image-base.
>I decided to table the search for the "offending" ld option(s) because
>of the following gloomy thought:
> Given that rebase can break certain DLLs and that it is nearly
> impossible to control how arbitrary packages create their DLLs,
> can setup.exe's proposed rebase solution deal with this problem?
> Or, is the rebase solution doomed to failure?
>Does anyone have any bright ideas?
What happens if you link with
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html