This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebase for setup (curl)
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: <nhv at cape dot com>,"'Jason Tishler'" <jason at tishler dot net>,"'Cygwin'" <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: "'Roth, Kevin P.'" <KPRoth at MarathonOil dot com>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:37:41 +1100
- Subject: Re: rebase for setup (curl)
- References: <008e01c19552$4b6bd6e0$a300a8c0@nhv>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Vine" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "'Jason Tishler'" <email@example.com>; "'Cygwin'"
Cc: "'Roth, Kevin P.'" <KPRoth@MarathonOil.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 6:02 AM
Subject: RE: rebase for setup (curl)
> Jason Tishler writes:
> >So, the options passed to ld are the same for cygcurl-2.dll and
> >except for the slight variation of --base-file versus --image-base.
> >I decided to table the search for the "offending" ld option(s)
> >of the following gloomy thought:
> > Given that rebase can break certain DLLs and that it is nearly
> > impossible to control how arbitrary packages create their DLLs,
> > can setup.exe's proposed rebase solution deal with this problem?
> > Or, is the rebase solution doomed to failure?
> >Does anyone have any bright ideas?
> What happens if you link with
> --enable-auto-image-base ??
>From a libbfd point of view, all auto-image-base does is
supply --image-base=<hash of filename>, so I'd be _amazed_ if this fixed
a relocating issue.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html