This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Newbie ssh question
- From: Adrian Phillips <adrianp at powertech dot no>
- To: "James Hall" <james dot c dot hall at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: 06 Jan 2002 11:15:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: Newbie ssh question
- References: <ADEFIOEJFOPKHEDNFOMOIEIOCAAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "James" == James Hall <email@example.com> writes:
James> I've recently installed Cygwin and XFree86 on my W2K
James> machine, and am highly pleased with it.
James> Main use is to run stuff on my machine at work, and saves
James> constantly re-booting between Windows and Linux on my home
James> I consequently make much use of ssh and X forwarding. All
James> works excellently, but for one problem. Any remote Xterm,
James> unless used pretty constantly, falls over with the message
James> "Read from remote host x.x.x.x: Connection reset by peer
James> Connection to x.x.x.x closed."
Do you have a firewall in between. Firewalls throw away connections
when there unused for a while,
Try turning on KeepALive (or whatever the option is called now),
Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now? [OK]
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html