This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: default stack size
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Gerrit P. Haase @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:47:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: default stack size
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am 2002-01-13 um 17:27 schriebst du:
> What is the default stack size for applictions compiled on Cygwin?
> And is it safe to increase it?
It seems the default is 'just' 2MB.
> Background: I have a perl script which doesn't work I guess because
> the perl stack size is too small.
> Now I want to try to build perl with a greater stack.
A perl built with 8MB stack works well in this case.
Maybe I should build perl using a greater default stack size in future.
> Could cause this problems or does it only depend on the amount of
> memory I have in use?
What might be a 'good' value for the perl stack size? Is 8MB enough or
maybe better 32MB?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html