This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Backslashes on japanese Windows NT
- From: Yasushi Higuchi <yzone at mail dot raidway dot ne dot jp>
- To: "Armin Samide" <samide at sbox dot tugraz dot at>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:40:51 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: Backslashes on japanese Windows NT
- References: <008b01c19e02$2c1f8170$0b01a8c0@athlon>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:21:10 +0100
"Armin Samide" <email@example.com> wrote:
>I have a problem with a japanese NT4 System.
>Backslashes on this machine are display as something that looks like a Y
>with two straight lines going horizontally through tthe Y.
>So, if I now try to use for example cygpath the trouble begins, because
>cygpath cannot interpret this symbol.
>Has anybody experienced similar thing and has a solution for this behaviour
'\' is equivalent to backslash in Japanese Windows.
And, there is even a escape character of shell in '\\'.
Therefore, you must write '\\'.
$ cd /
$ cygpath -w /
$ cygpath -u c:\\ap\\cygwin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html