This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: devel tool wrappers and --version, --help
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:58:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: devel tool wrappers and --version, --help
- References: <3C45D6B3.B4808783@email.byu.edu> <3C45DADF.email@example.com>
Charles Wilson wrote:
> I have already been given a patch to do this, but I am a little
> concerned about implementation. It makes sense to me, to defer to the
> -devel version, but I am concerned about ripple effects...
> IMO, if you are libtoolizing (autoconf'ing, automake'ing) a new
> directory that has no existing configure.in, then the suggested
> solutions should be sufficient:
> create a temporary configure.in that has only "AC_REQUIRE(2.52)"
> set path = /usr/autotool/devel/bin
> Setting up the wrapper scripts to report one version or the other --
> with no reason to prefer one over the other, such as a pre-existing
> configure.in file -- is just lying.
Just to make it clear -- I am not opposed to applying the patch to
effect this behavior, but I am worried about unintended consequences.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html