This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fire Windows programs using cron...
- From: Evgeny Apanasenko <eugene_news at gmx dot net>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:34:56 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Fire Windows programs using cron...
- References: <20020116204609.X2015@cygbert.vinschen.de>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 07:59:32PM +0100, Evgeny Apanasenko wrote:
> > Dear All,
> > I've set up cron to fire W2K GUI program ntbackup.exe. Everything works
> > I would like the program to interact with GUI display and keyboard (now
> > can't see the program window when it is working). How can I do this?
> You would have to switch on the `Allow service to interact with
> desktop' facility to the cron service. That would result in
> a console window always visible when cron is runing, though.
> Actually, cron isn't designed to start GUI apps.
Thanks for the answer, it works.
By the way is it possible to hide DOS-window appering when cron service is
Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html