This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- From: Chet Ramey <chet at nike dot ins dot cwru dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:22:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- Read-receipt-to: chet@po.CWRU.Edu
- Reply-to: chet at po dot CWRU dot Edu
> The script is running under sh which is ash, not bash. ash doesn't
> know these `read' options. As workaround prepend
> to your script or start it via `bash -c script'.
Why the `-c'? `bash script' should work just fine.
``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer
( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)
Chet Ramey, CWRU chet@po.CWRU.Edu http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html