This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libtool-devel and kde2 - problem with AC_PROG_CXX
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:05:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: libtool-devel and kde2 - problem with AC_PROG_CXX
- References: <003901c1a016$47079b10$7ca907d5@BRAMSCHE>
Ralf Habacker wrote:
> At last I like to write about some additional topic I recognized with the libtool stuff:
> 1. providing -Wl,--enable-auto-import for linking executables (ltmain.in)
> I have prepared a patch for this, but I recognized that there must be a general strategy for
> handling the auto-import stuff. There are questions about when this flag should has to be
> Should is be set when a ld with auto-import is found by default or should this set only with
> a specific configure flag like --with-auto-import or how should this go on ? I don't know the
> answer, because I don't have the overview. The currently patch I'm using is to enable this
> flag, when a ld with auto-import stuff is found.
> So if anyone can give me a hint for the direction, I can provide this.
I think it is okay to assume that the cygwin ld has support for this
flag. However, --enable-auto-import IS the default, so it should not be
necessary to specify it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html