This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl DB_FIle 1.802 cygwin install errors
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:10:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: Perl DB_FIle 1.802 cygwin install errors
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: gerrit at familiehaase dot de
Am 20 Jan 2002 um 22:47 hat Jari Aalto+mail.linux geschrieben:
>How could I help you to get the package compiled under
>www.cygwin.com / W2k Pro. This linux-like environment. Would you
>need some header file information?
I don't understand this question.
>cpan> install DB_File
>Running install for module DB_File
>Running make for P/PM/PMQS/DB_File-1.802.tar.gz
>Note (probably harmless): No library found for -ldb
Oops, in this case it is NOT harmless! DB_File needs Berkeley DB
which includes libdb.a
Fetch DB at www.sleepycat.com, follow the instructions in the
docs and build a local copy. I have it installed here and I
could send you a precompiled copy: if you want to, I could
provide a copy, please mail me private to
<gerrit at familiehaase.de>.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html