This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "dynamic link library /dev/null could not be found"
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: collis at rice dot edu
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:39:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: "dynamic link library /dev/null could not be found"
- References: <BHEHLANKMCMLOGGLGBHIMEECCFAA.email@example.com>
Scott Collis wrote:
> I am having the same problem. I switched to 1.3.8 and now when I compile my
> in-house code I get the same popup window that David sees referring to
> I do not use -lpthread but do use -lm on my link line:
Yes! In my previous mail I pasted from the 1.3.7-1 announcement -
subject to this changes are libpthread, libc and libm.
> Unfortaunately for me, unlike David, when I used setup.exe to go back to
> cygwin-1.3.6-6 the problem did NOT go away...?
You have to recompile the executable for the changes to take effect i.e.
the executable must be based on the newly (1.3.6-x in this case)
installed import libs.
P.S. And, yes, this is a me too :P
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html