This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Need a customised version of PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on cygwin
- From: Justin Clift <justin at postgresql dot org>
- To: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- Cc: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Tom Lane <tgl at sss dot pgh dot pa dot us>, Frank Joerdens <frank at joerdens dot de>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:04:48 +1100
- Subject: Re: Need a customised version of PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on cygwin
- References: <3C5223D8.E12E01B@postgresql.org> <20020127145751.GH1252@dothill.com>
Thanks for your continued support. :)
Lucky for us all, it turns out the problem is a non-problem. It was
just a way in which cygipc (I might have the exact spelling wrong) not
being installed shows up, because PostgreSQL with cygwin needs it.
So, when it got installed, PostgreSQL began to work.
Regards and best wishes,
Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 02:34:48PM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Would it be possible for someone to do a re-compile of PostgreSQL 7.1.3
> > for Cygwin, specifically with the debugging symbols enabled, and have it
> > in some kind of form so users who have a problem with PostgreSQL on
> > cygwin can put the debugging-enabled version on their system and follow
> > our instructions?
> > Hoping for a positive here.
> I'm building one now and will post a URL ASAP.
> Sorry, I didn't see your post until today.
"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
first group; there was less competition there."
- Indira Gandhi
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html