This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin Digest 28 Jan 2002 07:40:28 -0000 Issue 1720
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: David <dnkohn at iadfw dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:35:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin Digest 28 Jan 2002 07:40:28 -0000 Issue 1720
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please, next time reply to the list.
> I would like to assign a tcp port number to an application. Just as ssh
> is assigned a port number and is listened for on a particular port. Does
> that clarify ?
Not much. Do you want to code you application to listen on port 1234, or
you want inetd to spawn you application, when a connection is made to
port 1234 on your machine ?
P.S. JFYI, both of this questions are off-topic for this list, IMO.
> At 02:06 PM 1/28/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>> What does it mean to assign port in cygwin ? I cant understand your
>> David wrote:
>>> How does one assign ports within cygwin ? I would like to assign a
>>> port to a application we have written.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html