This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
extremely long times to start interactive sessions
- From: Prentis Brooks <prentis at aol dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:53:38 -0500
- Subject: extremely long times to start interactive sessions
- Organization: Internet Services, AOL Time Warner, Inc
- Reply-to: prentis at aol dot net
Has anyone found a way to correct openssh taking several seconds to start
the interactive session? I have looked through the list and the last thing
on this topic was DNS related. Since my problem is in starting the
interactive session, we are way past the DNS points. It is taking up to
around 20-25 seconds after you see "starting interactive session" for the
actual prompt to appear, and if I get sneaky and put a "date" command in
/etc/profile, that is also 20-25 secs later to appear.
Anyone have any idea what ssh or NT is doing during this period?
-Prentis Brooks (email@example.com)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html