This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygipc shmat bug
- From: "Christophe LEITIENNE" <cleitienne at wanadoo dot fr>
- To: "egor duda" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:32:06 +0100
- Subject: cygipc shmat bug
I've noticed some problems using shared memory with cygipc, which don't seem
to be present in the mailing list archives.
I'm running cygwin 1.3.9 with cygipc 1.11 on a W2K machine.
If you run multiple times a simple app that attaches a shared memory segment
(with shmat), some attachments fail (shmat return -1, errno: invalid
TO REPRODUCE THIS BEHAVIOR:
- open a cygwin bash shell
- launch "ipctest.exe h" to create a shared memory segment
- call "ipcs" to know the shmid of the segment you just created
- then run "while true; do ipctest.exe h a <shmid>; done"
You'll see that some of the attachments fail with "shmat : Invalid argument"
Well, I'm not sure this is really a new bug, since I saw that shmat uses
mmap and mmap is buggy, right ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html