This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xerces-c-2.3.0-1
- From: "Abraham Backus" <abraham at backus dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:02:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xerces-c-2.3.0-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've updated the version of xerces-c to 2.3.0-1. This also includes the
xerces-c-devel, xerces-c-doc, and libxerces-c23 packages.
This is an official update release. The official release announcement text
The Xerces-C team is pleased to announce that Xerces-C 2.3.0 is now
available. The primary features of this release are:
- pluggable memory management: Allows an application to have Xerces
request memory from a user-supplied object rather than directly from the
heap. To allow for maximum flexibility, this has been implemented on a
- pluggable panic handler: The user may now register an object with the
parser that the will notify when it cannot initialize itself;
- security handling: a means is now provided allowing applications to
limit the extent to which the parser will process certain XML constructs
that could be exploited in a denial-of-service attack.
- partial implementation of DOM level 3 normalization.
The release is available in both source and binary formats; the binary
formats that are provided are for 32- and 64-bit versions of AIX, HPUX,
Linux, Solaris and Windows. They can be downloaded from
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Once you've downloaded setup.exe, run it and select "Libs"
("Devel" for the xerces-c-devel package, "Doc" for the xerces-c-doc
package) and then click on the appropriate field until the above announced
version number appears if it is not displayed already.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html