This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Sparse file criteria malfunction - binutils produces sparse .exe & .dll files
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:32:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Sparse file criteria malfunction - binutils produces sparse .exe & .dll files
- References: <004201c32902$3e92b020$78d96f83@pomello>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:26:50PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>$ uname -svr
>CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.0(0.86/3/2) 2003-06-02 00:41
>The new sparse file heuristic is being triggered by the way binutils writes
>.exe and .dll files.
>I'm unsure this could be worked around. Any ideas?
Since you are the principal complainer about this particular feature,
why don't you analyze *what* is causing this in binutils? Is ld
*really* writing files beyond EOF? Or is something else going on?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html