This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs - Entry Point not found error
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:26:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: emacs - Entry Point not found error
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <NJALFJPCIPPCHFAA@mailcity.com>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Mani Krishnan Venkatachari wrote:
I installed the new version of cygwin recently. When I try to load emacs, it gives a dialog box with the following error.
"The procedure entry point SmClientID could not be located in the dynamic link lilbrary lilbSM.dll"
That library is in the Xfree86-bin package. It lives in /usr/X11R6/bin.
Make sure you have the package installed and that the directory is in your
It may be that libSM.dll has changed in a recent XFree86 release, in which
case there is a big problem.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html