This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup problem: only ash comes as /bin/sh
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"S. L." <s_i_lao at gmx dot net>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 06:40:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup problem: only ash comes as /bin/sh
- References: <email@example.com>
> I reinstalled my w9x box and cygwin also.
> As the subject mentions, this is already annoying: every time I reinstall
> cygwin, I must remember to set a /bin/sh, and re-run all /etc/postinstall
> scripts, since the only shell I install is bash, and the only /bin/sh
> setup is ash.
> Could this be fixed somehow?
How exactly? Ash is a part of the 'Base' category, a minimal Cygwin
installation. This means that postinstall scripts et al expect a 'Base'
install ie., they expect ash to be installed. Adding a symlink `bash -> sh'
to the bash packages is an option, but c'mon what's ~40K between Cygwin'ers?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html