This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Today's revision of pcre : possible cause of damage?
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:48:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Today's revision of pcre : possible cause of damage?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Sometime in the last couple of hours I ran setup.exe and upgraded pcre and
> associated bits and pieces. Maybe I did something wrong but now there are
> real rather than virtual files as follows:
> Also a call to less causes a "missing cygpcre.dll" error message.
> There may be other problems induced by this revision OR I really have
> suffered a moderately damaging slipped finger whilst running it. Can
> confirm or otherwise? Thank you.
Problem already noted, and the setup.hint files have been fixed. See
cygwin-apps archive for details.
It will take a little while for the next upset run to pick up the changes,
and then for the new setup.ini to propagate to the mirrors.
For a temporary workaround, revert the pcre package to the previous 4.1
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html