This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Sparse file criteria malfunction - binutils produces sparse .exe& .dll files
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:00:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Sparse file criteria malfunction - binutils produces sparse .exe& .dll files
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKKELMEDAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
Does it work with ext2- or ext3-driven volume, or even a more traditional
unix FS ?
*More* traditional than ext? Why do you want to compare an *old*
FS with a *new* FS as NTFS is? That's like comparing a Ford Model A
with a modern Ford Taurus. What is that good for?
gcc still supports PDP-11's. rxvt emulates what, the VT-102, from like the
Paleozoic era. Old and crusty is the Unix way of life for some reason.
Ahem! Don't forget the old and crusty ways in Windows/DOS!
Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-)
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html