This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: group ownership of files
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: kiwhan chung <kiwhan at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:08:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: group ownership of files
- References: <BAY1-F20qf69aZbLAX30003486c@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
kiwhan chung wrote:
Thank you for replying. Appending ' mkgroup -d' output did not help at
all. I think I need to explain a bit. The group and mkpasswd files are
modified by me in vain attempt to get the group ownership sync. It
obviously did not solve my problem.
Right. Don't do that unless you really understand what you're doing.
BTW, what do * as in 'SYSTEM:*:' and 'kiwhan:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:' mean?
See <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html>. You can safely
ignore the password entries on NT/2000/XP (is this a hint? ;-) )
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html