Re: Problem w/ c++,threads,static initializers

Rasmus Hahn wrote:

BTW i am using cygwin snapshot 20030602 compiled with gcc-3.3 since the
out-of-the-box gcc from the cygwin-package is a prerelease and definitely
contains bugs that do not allow it to compile my code.

As previously mentioned on this list, the gcc that comes with Cygwin is
version 3.2.  It is *not* a prerelease of gcc 3.2, despite the "comment"
in 'gcc -version'.  Obviously, I can't speak to the applicability of
gcc 3.2 to your code or the problems you have compiling with it but I
wanted to dispel any notion that Cygwin's gcc is somehow an early version
of the official gcc 3.2 release.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746