This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Echo from bash disappears
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Marcus Vinicius Ferreira <marcus_ferreira at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 21:41:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: Echo from bash disappears
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Marcus Vinicius Ferreira wrote:
Using Cygwin 1.3.22 on XP, bash 2.05b, I have my echo disappearing after using
a tool like man, vim, perl -MCPAN -e "shell", mc and others.
As I can notice, any tool which has some output in color messes with the bash
shell after exiting from that tool. I can no longer see what is typed at the
Any ideas? Orientations?
Other than <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, no. I tried vi'ing a file
that would invoke syntax highlighting (i.e. color) from my bash prompt
and then exiting. It worked fine. Everything is still visible. But
perhaps more information on your configuration and a sequence of steps
you took to reproduce the problem would be helpful for someone here to
diagnose your problem.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html