This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: Perl 5.8.0-3 breaks binmode()
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Don Slutz <dslutz at arrayinc dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:11:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated: Perl 5.8.0-3 breaks binmode()
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3EE4DBB8.612DDA8D@arrayinc.com>
> This update breaks the usage of binmode(FH). I am sure that:
>> News: Changes: - Moved Cygwin to the non DOSish platforms.
> is the main reason. Last time I was in the perl sources, I saw that
> perl only expected two types of file opens; text or binary. However
> cygwin supports 3: default, text, and binary.
> I would expect that declaring cygwin to be like VOS (text open is
> different then binary open; but do not change end of line handling)
> would be the fix.
Where and what to apply? Do you have a patch handy for me to test
> I have also found that | some times does things to end of lines also.
> Here is output of some tests that I ran to validate this issue (tests
> are available via direct e-mail):
Yes, please send me your tests.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html