Re: .dll and .lib files

Is there a reason to respond to a posting with guesses?

Just curious.

Larry

Paul G. wrote:
Just a guess...

You can't build MS .lib files using Cygwin utilities. You can link older .lib files using, at the very least, -mno-cygwin switch. Again, this is just a guess.

As to .dlls, again, just a guess, you can build as many of those as you want, but they will not be the same sort of .dlls that MSVS generates.

Also, again, another guess, you can link MS .dlls without problems. You may be required, however, to use the -
mno-cygwin. Again, it is just a guess.

Paul G.

Hi,

 I'm trying to build a .dll and .lib file in cygwin,
so I can compile and build them in DOS later.  Does
anyone know how to do this?  Thank you so much for
your time.

Sincerely, Julie