This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rm and ln not present during install
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at is dot ubertales dot co dot uk>
- To: Michael Ribbons <ribbo at iinet dot net dot au>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:44:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: rm and ln not present during install
- References: <002501c32f09$90957170$0500a8c0@fredv2bbyy3npx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Michael Ribbons wrote:
> Hi, I'm attempting to install cygwin under Windows XP.
> I downloaded all of the packages. When setup gets to the post install
> scripts, most of the scripts say
> rm not found
> ln not found
> When I run the cygwin shell I'm able to use pwd and cd but I can't do ls
> mkdir, rm, or ln. setup.log doesn't indicate any problems, and I'm not sure
> what to search for in setup.log.full.
> Any suggestions?
Yup. If your looking for a file or program, the best place to check first is
<http://cygwin.com/packages/>. A search for 'ln.exe' will reveal the fileutils
package, and `cygcheck -c fileutils' will reveal whether or not the package is
installed. Either way, installed or not, you may need to re-run your postinstall
scripts in /etc/postinstall
$ for i in /etc/postinstall/*.sh.done; do $i; done
to create an required symbolic links etc.
Elfyn McBratney (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
ABCtales.com / Ubertales.co.uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html