This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Question regarding setup, upset and post install scripts
- From: "Alan Miles" <miles0201 at cox dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:09:49 -0500
- Subject: Question regarding setup, upset and post install scripts
- Reply-to: <alan dot miles at ieee dot org>
I am running cygwin at work and at home. As I need to "customize" cygwin for
each environment (i.e., one for work, one for home)
I found a way to build "custom" packages, that I would like to integrate
into my setup.
Such customizations include:
- For ** my ** environments - remove the space in the "passwd" files for a
user name (I have posted messages on this list in the past regarding a more
- Adding Win32 CPAN support to perl (I have posted messages on this list in
the past regarding patches)
- I ** NEEDED ** a "-u" flag to jar (the cygwin versions says it is
unsupported), so build a "wrapper" script to a "Windows" version (uses
cygpath to do cygwin/Windows file name conversions) etc.
To integrate these into my setup, I found information on this list regarding
"upset", setup.hints etc.
I have somewhat successfully got the setup.ini file working.
However, my postinstall script is malfunctioning and I am trying to figure
out how to debug it. When I run it ** AFTER ** cygwin has installed (not
using my integration) the script works fine.
How can I capture the output to a log file (via the setup) mechanism? I
found these messages, but they haven't helped me too much. Any ideas?
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/171006836
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html