Re: Vim and the navigating with arrow keys

KUDOS - I had the following setting in the registry:

      /usr/bin/inetd.exe      REG_SZ      binmode tty ntsec

Took out the tty and suddenly Vim works the way "one would normally expect"
it to.

Of course the above settings were "standard fare" for inetd installs
according to setup
instructions circa 2000-2001. They may still be - I don't know, haven't
looked. Anyhow,
do you know offhand if there is still any compelling reason to have tty in
the Cygwin
environment variable?

Thanks again.

Brian Kelly

( You're level of "meanness" gets only a 2 out of 10 - DISAPPOINTING!! I
expect more!! )

"Randall R Schulz" <rschulz@sonic.net>@cygwin.com on 06/10/2003 10:44:41 AM

Sent by:    cygwin-owner@cygwin.com