This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl 5.8.0-3 requires binary-mounted .cpan
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: "Cygwin mailing list" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:59:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: Perl 5.8.0-3 requires binary-mounted .cpan
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKEEPGEDAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> -1 worked with text mounts, never tried binary ones but I have to assume they
> worked as well. This is with cygwin1.dll "1.5.0s(0.87/3/2) 20030608".
Hmmm, this is not better as before, with the default (unpatched)
perl-5.8.0 we get CR/LF lineendings on every perl generated output,
regardless which mode the mount is, unless PERLIO=raw or PERLIO=perlio
is used as environment setting, now, after I patched it, everything
breaks when perl is used on textmode mounts.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html